- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 3 medium beetroots, chopped
- 1 Litre of chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
Heat oil in a medium sized pot over medium to high heat, add onion and garlic.
Sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
Stir in chopped cauliflower and beetroots. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Lightly fry for 5 minutes.
Add stock, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, and simmer until beetroot and cauliflower are tender, about 20-30 minutes.
Remove from heat, and stir in dill. Let soup cool 10 minutes, then puree in batches until smooth, adding a little water if necessary to thin.
Return soup to the pot, and on a low heat bring to a simmer.
Roughly chop macadamia nuts and toast in a frypan on low/medium heat until golden brown.
Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with dill and macadamias before serving.