Light, creamy and zesty, this lemon aspen cheesecake recipe is just the thing for a spring or summer day
- 40 g unsalted butter, softened
- 500 g full-cream (whole milk) firm ricotta
- 125 ml thick (double/heavy) cream
- 6 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 250 g caster (superfine) sugar
- 200g of granita biscuits
- 7-8 tbsp (110g) Lemon Aspen Jelly
- zest of ¼ lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) fan-forced.
2. Grease a 25 cm (10 in) round earthenware or ovenproof dish with the butter.
3.Break up biscuits with your hands and crumb in a blender with butter. Press into the base of the tin firmly using the bottom of a glass
4. Using a fork, mix the ricotta and cream in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly pour in the beaten egg and whisk until well combined and you can’t see any lumps. Add the sugar and lemon zest and whisk until smooth.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and bake for 35–40 minutes, until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cheesecake comes out clean.
6. Once cake is fully cooled spread the lemon jelly on top.